Friday, April 13, 2007

Back in the saddle

So it's been a while however thought it was time for an update!

Well let's see here...I went to Las Vegas and was delayed 2.5 hours because of a pilots chair being broken, I was fine about the delay however, other people were yelling and screaming at the staff, which makes me glad I was in PR during college. First, don't you think the staff wants us out of the terminal so they can maybe A) go home or B) Not have angry people yelling at them? I just sat back, played on my phone, called some people and sent some texts. My only real concern was having the flight cancelled because of the fact it was the last flight out to Las Vegas for the night and if I couldn't get on that flight I'd probably have to wait until early AM on Saturday and not get in until around 2 in the afternoon Vegas time. Fortunatley we boared, I passed out and woke up...Poof in vegas! =o)

Had a great time in Vegas with Gregg, Steve, Renee, Norm and the wrecking crew. It made me realize how much I miss my friends back home. I can't wait to go home in Mid May to see them again! I'll probably go home for a week and a half or two weeks. It's been since Christmas since I've been home. In addition the girlfriend is there and I reallly miss her, she's such a great person though I really do enjoy being in a relationship with her, even at 3000 miles away. Something about knowing someoen cares for you is a rush I can't really describe, I only hope we can be as happy as say Renee and Steve have been for the past few years.

So on my return flight which included a stop in North Carolina, i got to NC around 6:30 am after, you guessed it, crashing out the entire flight, I was asked if I would take a bump in exchange for a free flight. Of course I took it, with hopes of getting Jess out here this weekend (to no avail due to the last minute nature of the the timing) but regardless it gives either her or I an oppertunity to see each other for free, which I'm a fan of.

So i got to JFK(instead of Newark) around 11:00 instead of 9:30 am, but again I was ok with that I paid $5.00 for the aitrrain back to the city and took the subway home. Got in around noon and passed out for a bout an hour, woke up, putzed around the house and...yup...passed back out until 8. Still kind of tired but I'm getting back on scheduele...finally.

This week I got my long sought after raise and got it on this paycheck, whcih made me very happy. To celebrate I bought a new phone, because my old phone was getting only around 10-15 minutes of talk time before it died, this phone is pretty sweet. It's called the Upstage by Samsung and was just released. It has two batteries a main battery and an extra one that gives you longer talk time/music time.


In anyacse, next Friday I will be off to DC to go to American University's PRSSA Regional Activity and I will be taking my first train ride and my frist trip to DC. I will be reunited with my good friend Katie, to whom I've known for about 5 years! I'm very excited!! I then get back on the train and come back Saturday night for a nice evening of realxing and easing back into my week!

Three weeks after that, back to Seattle where I have many plans...planned....=o)

Catch ya on the flip side!

No comments: